samedi 14 mai 2011

50 Cent: I am not a myth


50 Cent: I am not a myth50 Cent says he is 'not a myth' to people outside of the US.
The rapper has established himself as a global star beyond the confines of his homeland, and says he owes that to the fact he has travelled to a host of countries.
The American star, real name Curtis James Jackson III, claims he is recognised because he puts extra work into establishing his worldwide appeal.
'I did the groundwork. I travelled. To them I’m not a myth. I’m a real person. They’ve seen me live in Croatia, Kosovo, India... The same way they feel about me in New York, they feel about me in Africa and they feel about me in India,' he said in an interview with Vibe magazine.
The 35-year-old is confident about his popularity. The artist says his credibility as an established musician means more to him than any award trophy.
'You can spin the globe and stop it wherever you want and say 50 Cent, and they know exactly what you’re talking about and they know the material. It is what it is. I don’t have the trophy case to reflect that, but I can’t eat trophies,' he added.

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire