samedi 18 juin 2011

Christina Aguilera: I love authentic singers

Christina Aguilera: I love authentic singers
Christina Aguilera says she loves 'authentic' pop stars.
The American songstress is the new mentor on singing show The Voice, alongside Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
The talented singer, who has achieved international success as a solo artist, was initially drawn to the competition because it concentrates on peoples’ talent as singers first and foremost.
'[It] takes music back to a place and time where you're inspired by nothing but the voice, before music videos, before the Internet,' she told Extra. 'It takes you back to a place of Billie Holiday, Nina Simone and real music, where it was all about authenticity, and I love it.'
The format of the show sees each mentor developing their own 'team' of contestants. Christina has joked that her all-female group are going to dominate the competition. The blonde star has also revealed that she enjoys banter with the male contestants on the show.
'I have a good group of female performers, they're gonna kill it. Boys better watch out,' she joked. 'Sometimes it's like being in a boy’s locker room... and I can't believe what I'm hearing. I do feel like the mom of the group... like, okay boys, let's get down to business.'
Christina found fame on the Mickey Mouse Club alongside pop stars Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. The 30-year-old says there could be a future collaboration on the cards. 'It would be fun to hook up with Britney or Justin at some point, maybe,' she said. 'There's so much talent out there. It's always fun to collaborate. I keep it open.'
Christina is mom to three-year-old son Max. The star says her tot is keen to follow in her footsteps and is already proving he has 'mama’s lungs'.
'The other day I was putting him to bed, and he looked at me and said, 'Mama, will you teach me to sing?' It was so cute. I'm like, you already have it in there Maxie, all you have to do is sing out loud, it'll come natural. He definitely has his mama's lungs, he can scream.'

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire